Griswold Home Care Review
Founded in 1982 in Pennsylvania, Griswold Home Care is one of the oldest nonmedical home care companies in existence. Over the past few decades, the company has expanded, helping more than 100,000 individuals and families with compassionate and professional in-home care services.
Griswold Home Care services include companion care, personal care, respite care, live-in care, and specialized care for individuals with Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Personal care: Caregivers can assist with everyday tasks such as bathing, toileting, grooming, dressing, and transfer.
- Respite care: For many family caregivers, daily care tasks result in caregiver burnout. To avoid this stressful condition, Griswold offers respite care services, which help supplement the work of family caregivers and provide much-needed breaks.
- Live-in or overnight care: Griswold offers 24/7 home care for people who need constant care and supervision, consisting of several caregivers spread out over three daily shifts. It also provides live-in caregiver services, in which one caregiver provides assistance during the waking hours.
- Post-surgery and rehab care: Griswold Home Care offers post-surgery and rehab care for individuals who need assistance during their transition into the home. Caregivers can assist with transportation, light housekeeping, personal care, and transfers.
Each Griswold Home Care franchise is independently owned and operated, so your experience with the company will likely vary from ours. Here’s what we found in Florida:
- Griswold Home Care services cost between $24 and $28 per hour.
- Caregiver shifts must be a minimum of three hours long.
- Griswold aims to keep clients with the same caregiver, but it often has to schedule different caregivers.
- Griswold caregivers go through extensive training, including learning how to work with dementia patients and use gait belts for transfer.
I was pleased with the level of care and customer service provided by Griswold. The company’s call agents were both friendly and informative.
Based on Griswold Home Care’s online reviews, clients are generally satisfied with the company’s care, particularly how it cares for people with dementia and other cognitive conditions.
“My husband is disabled and requires help with activities of daily living. We recently had the occasion to travel to Houston for a long weekend to visit family. Griswold provided an outstanding caregiver, Sophie, who stayed with us throughout our visit. She not only provided the care my husband needed, but she was very personable with extended family members. Sophie also assisted us with transportation around Houston, and it made our stay so easy. This agency, being nationwide, has assisted us in other locations as well. Highly recommend them.” —Houston
“Outstanding company providing experienced, professional, and compassionate caregivers. Their wide range of services helps many people live safely and independently in the comfort of their own homes. I would trust them with the care of my family.” —Savannah, Georgia
“My father is 93 and has advanced dementia. My husband and I travel frequently, and before we knew about the live-in care Griswold provides, we had several caregivers caring for my dad over a period of a week. This was not an acceptable option when dealing with a dementia patient. Griswold caregivers engage my dad in activity and take him out for meals or for rides. Our caregiver also cooks meals and maintains cleanliness in our home. This has been a lifesaver for us. Thanks to Griswold, we can leave home on our business trips knowing my father is in excellent hands.” —Mesquite, Texas